I have yet to completely convert my entire beauty regimen to be all-natural, but I have made a few changes with my skincare. One of the all-natural products that I’m really enjoying at the moment is the Seventh Generation Skin Serum. I love the fact that the serum is plant-based and free of all harsh preservatives, parabens, phthalates, and synthetic fragrances. Notable also is that these serums contain no water or other fillers, using oils instead to treat the skin. Initially I was a bit wary of applying oil onto my skin for fear of clogging my pores and breaking out (especially in the 100-degree Texas heat!), but instead I actually noticed that my skin felt softer, more supple, and had a glow from within. After doing a bit of research, I then realized that most skin is over-stripped of moisture and the skin then goes into overdrive to try and compensate. By providing this oil to the skin, the skin actually responds by producing less oil and naturally balances out. I love that I’m treating my skin to something more natural and can’t get over how much more luminous and healthy my skin is looking in return.
The Seventh Generation Skin Boost serum also comes in 6 different varieties. Take this quiz to find one customized for you!
Meanwhile, I’m also happy to share my all-natural makeup look that is comprised entirely of paraben-free products, including Seventh Generation’s Skin Boost serum. I make a point to avoid parabens as they mimic estrogen and have been found as a possible trigger for breast cancer and early puberty (source). This is my go-to look when I want something natural yet still want to look put together. It’s quick, easy, and perfect when you’re on the go! #AllNaturalStyleSecrets
1. Seventh Generation Skin Boost Serum — I use the Hydrating formula. One pump is all I need for my entire face.
2. eclos daily hydraprimer spf 30 — my new favorite primer! Makes foundation glide on like butter.
3. Perricone MD No Foundation Foundation — so easy to apply with my fingers.
4. Urban Decay Naked palette — I used Sidecar (eyelid), Buck (crease), and Hustle (outer v, eyebrows).
5. MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Eyes Eyeliner in Matte Black — Soft, creamy, and lasts all day.
6. Benefit They’re Real mascara — works for wimpy asian lashes!
7. Fresh Faces Mineral Blush in First Kiss — perfect for that natural, glowing flush.
8. fresh Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15 –hydrates like no other.
9. MAC Fix+ — great way to refresh throughout the day.
If you found this post helpful, please vote for me on Lucky!
Disclosure: I received a free sample of this product from Lucky and Seventh Generation for use in connection with this blog.