- Budget: $300
- Remaining clothing budget from January: +$101.67
- Actual: $215.33
- Remaining: +$84.67
- Buffalo Exchange Circles Necklace - $9.20 (similar)
- Buffalo Exchange J. Crew Embellished Tank (XS) - $17.86 (similar)
- Buffalo Exchange Forever 21 Chanel-Inspired Cropped Jacket (S) - $11.37 (similar)
- Forever 21 Flower Hair Pin - $1.62 (similar)
- Forever 21 Glossy Skinny Belt in Red, Navy (S/M) - $6.06 (similar red, navy)
- Forever 21 Coral One Shoulder Ruffle Trim Dress (S) - $20.46 (buy)
- Urban Outfitters Pins and Needles Paperbag Trousers (0) - $29.21 (10% coupon) (similar)
- J. Crew Double Serge Skirt in Bright Dahlia (00P) - $84.87 (20% coupon)* (similar)
- J. Crew Double Serge Skirts in Bronzed Ochre - $66.68 (buy)
- Ann Taylor LOFT Faux Fur Jacket (00P) purchased from Annie - $48.29 (similar)
- Ann Taylor LOFT Flower Pin - $10.01 (35% off) (similar)
- Charlotte Russe Belt Trio in Pink, Gold, Floral (S) - $11.37 (similar gold)
These items were not paid for by me but were additions to my closet this month:
- Bebe Fiona Pumps (5) gifted by Adrian for Valentine's Day (buy)
- Pink Quilted Purse - won from Inspirafashion's Closet blog giveaway - $0 (similar)
- Burgundy Knit Cowl - won from Destined For Now's blog giveaway - $0 (similar)
- Budget: $50
- Remaining makeup budget from January: +$3.04
- Actual: $199.89
- Remaining: -$196.85
- Saks Chanel Black Pearl Nail Polish ($25 gift card) - $2.06 (buy)
- Enzo Milano Clipless Curling Iron 1" Round - $119.99
- Dior Capture Totale One Essential - $77.84 ($25 gift card provided by Allure) (buy)
- Solia Professional Ceramic Ion Mini Styler (1/2") - included with purchase (folica.com promo) - $0 (buy)
February was a bad month for me as I overspent significantly on my makeup budget and only barely squeaked by on my clothing budget because of last month's excess. I actually had to end up returning a few clothing items and selling others (I sold Angga my F21 Floral Mary Janes) in order to not totally blow my budget out of the water. My original hopes were also to have a little blog sale and recoup some losses, but planning the wedding and DFW blogger meetup ended up taking over the last remaining weekends in February.
As for my clothing purchases though, I invested in several J. Crew pencil skirts as I love the colors and the skirts surprisingly fit me without any alterations needed. For the quality of the material as well as the classic cut of the style, I feel like they were good pieces to spend a little more money on. And when they went on sale, I just couldn't resist!
For my beauty budget, the Enzo clipless curling wand was something that I would've put off purchasing had it not been for my wedding. My plans are to curl my hair for the wedding so I purchased this tool now to try and practice with it before my actual wedding day. The Dior serum is also an item I would not have purchased if it hadn't been for the $25 gift card that I won from Allure magazine for my review of this product late last year. Unfortunately with even either of these items my budget would have been exceeded, but from now until summertime I'll need to be on a makeup buying freeze!
Here's to having a better spending month in March! Time to get the game face on.
P.S. All purchases were also made using Mr. Rebates wherever possible so I did end up saving myself some more money.
P.P.S. If you missed my outfit for the day, check it out!
Related Post: January budget recap.
Ask me anything on FormSpring