I decided to go back to basics today and sported a simple chambray shirt over jeans. The outfit on its own was a bit too menswear inspired for me. Thank goodness I had a little flower pin to save the day. :)
And for this Friday, I wanted to do a Friend Friday post as it's a rare opportunity for me to share with you some of my favorite beauty products!
Drugstore: Cover Girl Lash Blast Volume (the one in the orange tube). Best. Mascara. Ever. I have very typical Asian lashes that are stick straight and point downwards. Here is my process for my lashes everyday in case you guys are wondering:
- Curl with a Shiseido Lash Curler. This curler fits my eyes perfectly and curls my lashes with ever crimping them.
- Prime with Shiseido Mascara Base. This primer is dark (the white-colored ones weird me out) and really helps make any mascara that I layer over it work that much better!
- Two coats of Cover Girl Lash Blast Volume. This mascara really helps volume my lashes without making them lose any curl or look clumpy. I also never have had any problems with flaking. Totally worth the $8!
2. Is there one type of product that is your go-to, can't live without?
MAC Blacktrack Fluidline. I have typical small Asian eyes and without eyeliner, I end up looking really tired. I love this eyeliner for the dark black line that it provides and the fact that I can draw a really nicely winged cat-eye. And, my eyeliner stays put all day long. Even through a sweaty yoga session. You heard that right.
3. What's the best hair product you've ever used?
My best hair product isn't really something I put in my hair but more a tool I use for my hair. It's the Sedu 1" Pro Ionic Ceramic Flat Iron. This straightener makes my hair actually look like it's naturally straight. It actually makes my hair much more manageable and tames all the frizzies. I didn't use it this morning (pushed snooze on my alarm clock one too many times) and I was fighting some serious flyaways all day long...
4. Fess up, what's the worst beauty look you've tried to rock and look back at now with a little shame or apprehension that you actually did that?
When I first got into makeup, I tried a few adventurous looks which included a rainbow eyeshadow look once. Although they were super fun looks to pull off at the time, I wince when I think back to those days as it's definitely too crazy for me now!
5. When it comes to beauty products, we all use the same basic products. What do you use that helps show off your personal flare and personality?
I really love glittery gloss. Like, the kind with all the sparkly bits in it. Some of my fave drugstore lip glosses were from back in the day when this trend was in like Maybelline Wet Shine Lip Gloss in Pink Diamonds and L'Oreal Glam Shine Diva Lip Gloss. Even though they're no longer available in stores, I still buy them online. It's the girly girl in me. :)
For other answers to this week's questions, please check out Modly Chic!
My "Best Of" Beauty Products
P.S. I have a February budget recap post coming up! I'm just trying to figure out how to do some photoshopping layouts first. :)
Ask me anything on FormSpring