Another one of my favorite colors is taupe. Taupe is definitely a color that can impart so much mystery as it can be a complex blend of colors -- in some lights it can look blonde, other lights it can have an olive tint, in dark light it can even be plummy. For the same reason, taupe can also be a somewhat tricky color to work with. I have found that taupe actually is very nicely enhanced when put together with a darker burnt red color. In the case for today, I put Warming Trend (a taupe) next to Shag (a dark red). I then deepened the color with Dark Edge (a dirty chocolate brown). I really liked this look and hope you do too!
(Everything is MAC unless otherwise noted.)
- Lid: Warming Trend (Cool Heat)
- Outer V: Shag (Pro)
- Crease: Dark Edge (Naked N)
- Highlight: Sweet Joy (Venomous Villains)
- Nightfish Fluidline
- Stila Espresso eyeshadow (brows)
- Shiseido Mascara Base
- CoverGirl Lash Blast Volume
- Refined MSF
- Sculpt/Shape in Bone Beige/Emphasize
- Stila Hydrating Primer
- Stila Illuminating Powder Foundation in 40 Watts
- NARS Ophelia gloss
Thanks for looking!