Hey guys! So after my recent post reviewing the MAC Pro Longwear foundation and not being happy with the results, I wanted to show you what products I normally use and what I do for my everyday foundation routine.
Missha BB Cream:
About a month ago, I started looking into foundations. At the time, I had only been using Stila's Illuminating Powder all over my face and that was it. While this was nice and simple during the hot 100 degree temperatures of Texas summers, I wanted something that did a little more coverage as fall was right around the corner.
What I found was Missha BB Cream. This product is simply amazing. BB Cream actually stands for Blemish Balm Cream and this cream was originally prescribed by dermatologists to patients who had undergone laser skin surgery for its soothing and skin-regenerating properties.
|Picture taken after initial application |
of Missha BB Cream + Magically Cool Liquid Powder
Here's a run-down of the product benefits:
- Produces a very natural, "no makeup look"
- Provides perfect coverage like a foundation would but since it's not as thick, it doesn't clog the pores
- Applies similar to a tinted moisturizer
- Conceals all types of pigmentation, discoloration, acne and other blemishes
- Has healing properties that soften, smoothen and refine skin
- Encourages skin regeneration to create and maintain youthful skin (in the video below you'll notice that the cat scratch on my forehead healed much faster than the cat scratch on my arm!)
- Contains UV Protection for healthy skin (SPF levels differ for each brand/product. Missha BB Cream provides SPF 42)
- Anti-wrinkle and skin-lightening benefits (Missha's brand doesn't offer these benefits, but other brands do)
(Credit: snippets taken from http://www.squidoo.com/b-b-cream)
I have been using this product everyday for the past month and it's significantly improved the condition of my skin! I'm not acne prone, but do have freckles, dryness, and hyperpigmentation. All of these conditions have improved with continued use. I'm totally sold on this product!
As far as how well this foundation lasts over the course of the day, here's a snapshot of my face after 10 hours of wear.
|Picture taken after >10 hrs of wear. |
No caking, patchiness, or dry spots. Win!
Magically Cool Liquid Powder:
I've been using this product about a week now (since 9/26/10) and it's the perfect setting powder on top of my foundation. I love the cool, watery feeling when the product is first applied -- it's like a magic trick every time! The powder has some iridescence that helps provide a nice glow on my skin that I really love. I focus the color first on the areas that I want to highlight (i.e. bridge of my nose, cheekbones), and then take whatever is remaining and sweep it lightly over the rest of my face to set the foundation. It's not super glittery like some of the MSF powders and it's something that I can feel comfortable wearing to work everyday (especially on days when I'm tired and need some brightening!) I absolutely love the finish it gives and my Missha settles flawlessly into my skin afterwards. MAC has said that depending on the feedback for this powder during this release, they're considering having it become a permanent product. Wouldn't that be amazing?!
Watch this review live! :)
Do you use BB Cream and what do you think of the product?
Have you tried MAC's latest Magically Cool Liquid Powder? What do you think?